Standards and Agile Integration are the key levers to accelerate the building of the New Economy of Movement.
Join MOBI online free lecture on October 27th to learn more about the contribution of MOVENS.
Smart City is synonymous with integrated management of public and private services offered to citizens in smart mode. Cities are becoming the hubs of the services-based world economy; thus, cities around the world have mostly to cope with the same challenges including quality of life, mobility, environment, energy, sustainability, health and safety, security, and economic growth.
From a technological perspective, today's great challenge is developing an organic meta-platform capable of integrating devices, connectivity, apps, and data providing core and value-added services.
Creating a connected Smart City ecosystem requires cross-sector platforms designed for service integration.
MOBI is a global nonprofit smart mobility consortium working to make transportation more efficient, affordable, greener, safer, and less congested. MOBI is committed to creating and promoting high industry standards in the mobility platforms and verticals market to facilitate service integration by using blockchains, distributed ledgers, and related technologies. The main automotive players (IBM, BMW, Ford, Renault, Toyota, General Motors, and others) are members of this global consortium.
To date, MOBI Working Groups are working to establish standards in the following areas:
- VEHICLE IDENTITY (VID) was created in 2018 to define a verifiable digital document serving as a minimum representation of a specific vehicle’s digital twin. The vehicle is immutably anchored to MOBI VID by the physical Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). A second standard Standards was released in January 2021 to continue defining “vehicle identity” and lifetime events such as registration and maintenance traceability.
- ELECTRIC VEHICLE GRID INTEGRATION (EVGI) focuses on smarter vehicle to grid integration, carbon footprint management, and management of decentralized energy resources like EV batteries.
- CONNECTED MOBILITY DATA MARKETPLACE (CMDM), designed for privacy preservation and regulatory compliance, provides a robust framework for identity, authority, and transaction assurance in mobility business networks.
- FINANCE, SECURITIZATION, and SMART CONTRACTS (FSSC) focuses on creating transparency and reducing information asymmetry in consumer and dealer financing.
- SUPPLY CHAIN (SC) concentrates on creating efficiencies in complex manufacturing and mobility services supply chains.
- USAGE-BASED MOBILITY & INSURANCE (UBMI) facilitates more precise real-time risk underwriting. More generally, it serves as a template for usage-based mobility business models.
- How MOBI standards were used to build the platform
- How MOVENS tracks connected vehicles
- Ways that MOVENS streamlines sustainable battery management
- Battery storage and life-cycle certification
- How Battery Identity (BID) operates in a connected mobility ecosystem
MOVENS is the open source mobility meta-platform which is evolving to be the IoT Hub in the Smart City and setting a new standard in the Tech Mobility Market.
MOVENS covers all the layers involved in the Smart City ecosystem: physical devices, connectivity, services and implements an open and cutting-edge technology for each layer. Its expandable software architecture enables to connect and easily integrate all platforms provided by the global players operating in the Smart City market.
The goal is a complete integration of all kind of entities involved in a Smart City project to increase user-centric services, strengthen the societal values centered around people and contribute to a more sustainable mobility society.